Thank you for visiting this post – issue is, it’s 3 years old. So check out my 2016, brand spanking new Gift Guide For Teen Girls. (It’s linked…and it’s great.)
So, as I do officially love each and every one of you reading this (except possibly you; I see what you do when you’re alone . . . eugh, come on now.) and I want you all to be happy and the rest, I decided to share my epiphany with you.
It’s almost Christmas.
Okay, don’t look at me like that – I know it’s only August, but this year is going really quickly. And as soon as we hit September, it is pretty much the climb-up to Christmas.Now, smart people know that getting all your Christmas presents at Christmas is not a good idea. Okay. It leads to panicking and stress and “OMG, BUT I NEED TO PAY MY RENT, SO I CAN’T BUY BLAH-BLAH THIS! SAD TIMES!” and “WAIT, WHAT DOES ____ WANT, OH GOSH, I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO GET THEM?!”.
But I’m not here to bully you into doing your Christmas shopping
ridiculously early. I’m just here to help you. And this list isn’t just for Christmas – it can be for birthdays, for when you accidentally hit them with a car and put them in hospital, for when you realize you forgot them at Christmas . . . anything. So let’s start, shall we?
Okay, so as most of the traffic that reaches this page is from America, I decided to update this to an American gift guide; the British version however is still available and exactly the same, but has moved to the new location of – https://okaaythen.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/over-100-teen-gift-ideas-uk/
As every present-buyer knows, teens are ridiculously hard to buy for – especially since we never know what we want. It’s not our fault, okay. Don’t judge us. Hormones and that jazz. (That excuse usually works . . .) But I have basically given you the perfect solution – OVER 100 PRESENT IDEAS FOR A TEENAGER, FROM A TEENAGER. So stop freaking out and crying about what you’re going to buy and read on. (By the way, there are pretty picture examples and links for you too. Aren’t I great? I am. I really am.) Obviously, quite a few of these are girly, but there are some guy’s gift ideas too, don’t worry!
Shameless self promo time – follow my Instagram account and you can buy the sweater in my picture here!
Let me tell you exactly what you’re looking at in this list:
- Best Friend Gifts. (I added this because I’ve realised that a lot of people landing here are looking for gifts for their BFF, and so it is my civic duty to help them.)
- Up to $10 gifts
- Up to $25 gifts
- MONEY IS NOW NO OBJECT, LET’S LIST SOME REALLY COOL PRESENT IDEAS! (Most of these ideas are around $50, with a few exceptions being over)
- Really cool DIY gift ideas (that don’t look ridiculously tacky, don’t worry)
- The really cool presents. I don’t want to give these ones away, but these are the ones you want to give your teen, if you want them to take your side in the divorce.
- The cool, interesting ways to give money (for all you failures out there that haven’t got time to find a present)
So today we’re going to start with Best Friend Presents. Because how on earth are you supposed to take cute BFF pictures if you don’t have the matching jewellery, or the cute tops?
Oh, before we get into it; if you want to buy your teen clothes, check out this guide on what to but teen girls that want clothes for Christmas.
I realise that a lot of people may not need this category, so feel free to skip it – but, if you are at a loss for what to get your teenager, you could get them something for both them and their best friend. Okay there was so much cute best friend jewelry that I had to make a separate section.
First up on the best friend gift section, let’s hit you with some cute.
- Keyrings. Matching keyrings are the both cute and helpful gifts. And some of them are funny too.
Matching Heart Keyring – $5.99
- Actually, just matching jewellery. Then your teen can take cute Tumblr photos – and, trust me, a lot of them will like that.
“Soul Sisters” Matching Pendant Set – $8.99
“Partners In Crime” Necklace Set – $4.99
Best Friend Pizza Necklace Set (6 Pcs) – $8.99
- Although, if you really love pizza (and – to be fair – who doesn’t really love pizza?) you may want to get the really cute coloured pizza slices. We do fancy present ideas here.
Coloured 6pc Pizza Necklace Set – $12.99
- You know what – as a teenager, I can attest to the fact that we love food. So these foodie best friend necklaces are just great. And cute.
Milk and Cookies Necklace Set – $32
Burger And Fries Necklace Set – $11
Pearls of Friendship Dogeared Necklace – $32
- While we’re on the subject of jewellery, (or should I say jewelry, as most of my audience are American. Gosh, the SEO difficulties) sets of jewellery – the non-matching kind – are cute too.
Novelty Toilet Paper and Poop Kawaii Necklace Set – $32
The rest of the section:
“Friends Will Help You Up When You Fall, But Best Friends Will Push You Back Down and Laugh” Plaque – $10.99 I especially love this plaque because it’s just so accurate.
“You and I Are A Gang” Plaque – $9
Personalised Bestie Book – $8.81
Now that you’re here, you should definitely check out my newest gift guide – Over 101 Practical Gifts For Her!
Gifts up to $10
- Posters. What’s good about posters is that you can get posters that are specifically relevant to the person (eg favourite bands, favourite movies) or you can get generic, funny quote posters that everyone loves. And they’re cheap. That’s always good.
(24×36) Be Awesome Motivational Poster – $6.98
A3 No One Looks Back Poster – $3.49
Avengers Art Deco Poster – $9.81
- CDs. If you know their favourite bands/singers, then you can buy their latest album, or just go for the average Now/Ministry of Sound mixup. And, if you do know their favourite band/singer you could do a whole themed gift set and get them a poster, a CD and a band top. Just saying.
NOW That’s What I Call Music Vol. 54 – $10 (You guys are behind; we’re in the 80’s.) But I guess that’s irrelevant.
Here are some other popular artists for teens: Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Ariana Grande, Drake
Whether it’s autobiographies by famous celebrities, Kim Kardashian’s Selfie Book, a good novel, or a how-to book, there’s a book for everyone – including your teenager. And, if you know them really well, you could get them a hobby book (an art how to, a recipe book, a writing book).
642 Fashion Things To Draw – $10
Probably more one for a girl, but some boys are interested in fashion too.
Doodle Invasion: Zifflin’s Colouring Book – $9.74
Ben And Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book – $6.39
The Guide To Real Life
What Do I Do If…?: How to Get Out of Real-Life Worst-Case Scenarios
My Future Listography – $10
Now, how many teens just don’t know what they wan’t to do with their lives? Why don’t you help them out?
- Pens. It sounds boring, but if you get some cute pens and put them in a pretty holder it’s an inexpensive and nice gift. And they can be so cute.
(Yes, they’re pencils . . .but you get what I mean.)
- Pencils/Pens/Pencil Case
Whether your teen is an artist or a creative – maybe she likes to write poetry, or write stories, or draw comic strips – or not (even non-creatives might want to just have cute stationery for school, you don’t know their lives) these cute and unique pencils are always pretty great.
Grammar Pencil Set – $8
Wanderlust Pencil Set – $10
Set Of Sassy Pencils – $10
Hustlin’ Pencil Set – $10
Pencil Case – $10
Procrastination Pencil Case – $14
- Pencils/Pens/Pencil Case
- If you want pencils, though . . .
Kate Spade What’s The Word Pencil Set
20 Piece Vitamin Pill Pens – $5
The Procrastination Pen – $10 (You know why.)
The Get Crap Done Pen – $10
6 Crown Pen Set – $4.28
Pens – $5.75
- Okay, so Stationery. Just general Stationery – for one, it’s useful and two: it’s cute. It’s adorable. But seriously, if your teen goes to school or suffers angst or likes to draw then stationery can be a useful and pretty gift.
- KAWAII STATIONERY. IT’S SO CUTE. IT STARTED WITH THE PENS, BUT IT’S SO CUTE THAT IT DESERVES IT’S OWN ASTORE.(A small selection of things I’ve chosen and compiled together in a mini store thing) WHICH IS HERE, BY THE WAY.
3pcs Cute Novelty Cartoon Cola White-Out Correction Pens – $4.99
Fast Food Erasers Set – $3.99
- Box of chocolate or assorted sweets. You can’t go wrong with that.
- Hair stuff – bobby pins, hair ribbons, bandanas etc.
- Cheap jewelry. I know some of you may think “oh, but you know if you drop the fake diamond earrings they could break” . . . well, yeah. Don’t drop them. And, if they break, they were like $2. Chill. But some of the nicest jewelry around is pretty damn cheap. Amazon and Etsy do a lot of cheap jewellery, but most highstreet stores (like New Look, Forever 21 etc) sell cheap jewellery in store too. Here are some pretty cute pieces of jewellery you that anyone would love – or at least like.
Buddha Pendant – $8.99
- Gold-plated Fashion Jewelry Rhinestone Love Heart Magnet Necklace – $4.9
Fluorite Pendant – $4
Velvet Choker – $2
Bohemian Choker – $4
- Cupcake in a jar
- Nail decals. Nail decals are cute stickers you put onto your nails and they come in all shapes and sizes. Cute gifts; especially if you add them to a set of polishes or falsies.
Colorful Peacock Feather Nail Art Tips Nail Decal Stickers – $4.30
50 Sheets 3D Nail Decals – $3.75
- General nail stuff is good too – like I said, you could pile it all together.
Holographic Nail Polish – $8.75
I love this polish!
Press On Nails – $5
Geisha Nail Decals – $4.50
- Face masks
- Chocolate sleigh (obviously more of a Christmas thing)
Tattoo Style Choker in Multiple Colours – $2.28
- While we’re still on the subject of jewellery fake piercings are a pretty good way to go; at the moment, the trend is septum rings, so why not save your teen the pain (and possible regret) and get them a fake one!
Fake Multi-Gem Septum Ring – $1.99
- Plain Fake Septum Ring – $1.99
- Cute bookmarks.
- FLUFFY SOCKS. Teen girls especially have a love for fluffy socks. And some of them are so nicely patterned and urgh cuteness! (This is definitely a Christmas one.)
Fluffy Socks – $10
- BUTTONS. Okay, fine, roll your eyes – I don’t care. But buttons (that physically pained me to write; I apologise) are so cute and so inexpensive – and a lot of people wear them. Just look in HMV if you don’t believe me.
- You’ve even got weirdly funny antisocial buttons
“Ooh burn” button – $3.70
Antisocial Button – $4.45
- Which reminds me – pins!
- An iPhone/Laptop/iPad case.
Henna Phone Case – $1.60
- Honestly, for teens nowadays our phone is our life – so we should decorate it according to who we are, right?
Grunge Phonecase – $1
Q&A a day 5 Year Journal – $9.14
Bad Hair Day Beanie – $4.60
So we all have bad hair days, don’t we? But what we don’t all have is a lovely beanie to cover the bad hair day up.
- Guided Journals. Guided journals are a cute gift idea because they provide hours of fun and . . . well, weirdness. If you don’t know what they are, then just click the link below and find out. Wink wink.
The Secret Me – A Guided Journal – $8.89
- A purse
“Fucking Brilliant” – A Notebook – $9.95
Cat Ears Beanie – $4.30
- Makeup Brush Sets
Or these – $9.99
- USBs! Because, to the deep collective sadness of us all, teens have to suffer- I mean, attend school and USBs are perfect for keeping them organised.
Camera Shaped USB – $3.99
- Food/Dessert Shaped USB – $3.99
- Okay, so your teen years are when you (hopefully) start thinking about money and saving and all that very much not fun stuff – so help your teens out with that. More than just a good gift, it helps out in the long run.
Money Maze Piggy Bank – $5
Gifts up to $25.
- A calendar!
This awesome planner/calendar/diary all in one – $20
Chalkboard Calendar – $13
- Earphones. Skullcandy earphones (which are very good and come in all kinds of cool designs) are only £9.99. They make quite good presents. People (especially teens that listen to music 24/7.
What do you mean me? NEVER!)need earphones. These are cheap and pretty and they work well. Win win. Link under picture.
Rasta Skullcandy Earphones – $11.25
- NOTEBOOKS. Okay, notebooks are fucking adorable. And have you seen Etsy? I want someone to buy me half of those notebooks. Let me put some pictures and links, up okay. And – let’s just keep this in mind – there is expansion on the notebook idea in the Personalized section of gifts. Okay. IT GETS EVEN BETTER.
“It’s Gonna Be Okay” Journal – $12.61
“My Dysfunctions” Journal – $13.42
“In My Opinion” Journal – $16.09
“I Gotta Be Me” Journal – $18
- Diary/Scrapbook. Scrapbooks are awesome. Seriously.
- BEANIES! Everybody loves a nice beanie, okay. Buy (most) teens a beanie and they (might) love you forever!
- Baseball caps. From Kylie Jenner to tumblr, baseball caps are a must have for teens.
- Keyrings. You can buy keyrings for under $5, but there are some amazing keyrings out there that come in at under $10 – and you can personalize keyrings too. Some of the nicest keyrings on amazon are only $1.99!
- Nail art pens
- A purse/wallet.
- Joke boxers. For guys. Duh. And girls. You don’t believe me? You don’t think a gift can be universal? You don’t belive in feminism? Well… that’s not nice.
The Complete Manual of Things That Might Kill You – $20
- Makeup. Girls (and guys because, hey, we don’t judge) might like makeup and you can buy great sets of it.
Makeup Set – $19.99
SHANY Professional 78 Colour Kit – $18
- Can we return to money saving gifts please? I found lots of cute ones and . . . well, it’s still a great gift idea a whole screen later!
Panda Money Stealer – $13.99
Slothzilla Print – $19.99
- Nail varnish sets.
Set of 12 Nail Polishes – $14.65
- Ear cuffs (I feel like I’ve already mentioned these. Sorry.)
Goth Skeleton Slave Chain Bracelet – $9.99
- Bath sets.
Bomb Cosmetics Chocolate Melt Bath Bombs – $16.41
Cupcake Sweets Bath Bomb Set – $14.99
- Money box!
- Chocolate sets/Boxes
Thinking Of You Chocolate Gift Box Set – $19.95
- Mason jars. If you have tumblr, then you know why mason jars are so popular.
- A decorative pillow – this one is for both guys and girls; you can get pillows that have comic strips on them, or quotes, or this:
- BAND MERCHANDISE. I have waited the entire post to write that. Okay? These are the only two things on my Christmas list – and they are both band merchandise that come in at under £15. If you know what bands/singers they like, then buy away!
- Art supplies (obviously only for certain people). If your teen is interested in art, some quality supplies would be well received.
Sassy Coin Purse – $11
- CHOCOLATE PIZZA! I can not even express my deep love for this gift idea, okay. Just . . . just imagine it. CHOCOLATE PIZZA.
The Grand Taxonomy Of Rap Names Print – $25
- Hobby guide books. Obviously, it helps to know what the person you’re buying for is interested in, but hobby books are quite good. Recipe, crafting and makeup ones are good for girls, while boys may prefer sports.Don’t stick to the basic, boring things though – I personally am saving up for “psychology for dummies”, so be inventive.
- Jewellery box/holder.
Victorian Canopy Style Jewellery Holder – $19.99
Cinderella Jewellery Stand – $24.95
- USB Powered Mini Fridge!
I don’t know why I find this so cool, but . . . it’s a USB powered mini fridge! $20
Poop Emoji Portable Power Bank – $19
- Food makers! I don’t know about the teens you know, but the teens I know all love food – so why not get them a way to make it for themselves?
Coca Cola Vintage Popcorn Maker – $24
Black and Pink Bow Handbag – $22.79
Whatever, I’m Late Anyway – $9
Around The World Watch – $4
Night-wear Kimono – $19.95
Two-Piece Pyjama Set – $17
- A duvet set!
Mint and Black Duvet Set – $19.99
Floral Duvet Set – $20
- Earcuffs! Say what you like, but earcuffs are so cool Look at them. Seriously. Just look at them.
Ear Cuff – $18.99
- Textbooks (urg. But I know some people would actually like to recieve textbooks, so I’m going to put it down. We’re covering things everyone would like.)
- An empty charm bracelet. This way, every time you need to buy another present, you can buy a few charms instead of having to go through OMG I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO BUUUUUY! – Pandora Bracelets are a good idea.
- Crystal jewellery. As well as being really trendy and popular at the moment, crystal jewellery is beautiful and meaningful.
Engraved Crystal – $15
Aventurine Pendant – $5.50
- Funny T-Shirts.
THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.
- Makeup bags/Cosmetic bags. These are usually really cute and are actually useful too. Woo!
- Cosmetic Sets
I just wanted to get a few (cheap) ideas out of the way, so that all you step-third-cousins-once-removed have some (not so unique or weird or interesting, but quite simply good enough) present ideas to get you through the day. Did I succeed? I did? Okay, let’s get to the good stuff!
Money Is No Object!
(I’m the one dancing (SOKA) and all you present buyers are the one frowning (KATARA). Sorry, I had to prove to myself that I still love avatar.) Anyways.
- Let’s start with an all-time winner – a laptop. Obviously, these are useful and great blah blah, but they can also be really cute too. Just saying. Besides, take it from someone that currently studies a lot, laptops are pretty much the best thing you can get your teen if you want to help their education.
HP Beats Limited Edition Laptop – $499
XTAVA Professional 5-in-1 Curling Iron – Hair Curler – $39.99
- My mouth is watering over this one . . .
GODIVA Chocolatiers Gift Hamper – $42
- An iPhone. Okay, it’s expensive and there’s probably a new one coming out soon, but if you’ve got the money you might as well.
iPhone 6 Gold 16GB Unlocked – $693
- Video games. www.gamesradar.com/new-games–2013 <Any games off that list would be adored.
- A gaming console; 3DS, Xbox, Playstation etc
Xbox One Console – $339
- Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) – $399.95
- A cake pop or waffle maker. Honestly, if you buy somebody a cake-pop or a waffle maker they will love you forever.
Cake Pop Maker – $20
Pro Belgian Waffle Maker – $99
- Exercise equipment (hehe, I had to post it under the sugary treat maker, didn’t I?) – whether it’s a yoga mat, a treadmill or one of those massive rubber balls, exercise equipment is usually appreciated. Just be careful the teen doesn’t think you’re implying that they need to lose weight.
- Still on the subject of “makers”, candy floss and popcorn makers. Nommy.
Candy Floss Maker – $48.28
Popcorn Maker – $19.99
- Football shirts/Basketball jerseys
- Converses/vans. I say these two brands because you literally cannot go wrong with converses or vans.
Converse All Star Ox Shoes – White – $50
- CONCERT TICKETS!
- New (bigger) TV. I personally love my TV, but some teens may not.
- TV Box sets! If in doubt, always get someone a box set of their favourite television series!
- Film box sets – I’m thinking Matrix, Twilight etc
Fast And Furious 7 Movie Blu-Ray Collection – $59.80
- Book box sets
George R. R. Martin A Song Of Ice And Fire Leather Box Set – $50
JK Rowling Harry Potter Box Set – $52
Veronica Roth Divergent Box Set – $50
- Wall stickers; they sell some amazing wall stickers/decorations on Etsy (can you tell that I love that site? I think I hide it so well.)
Large Wall Sticker – $30
- Tour round a football stadium (more one for the lads)
- Spa treatment/massage
- Magazine subscriptions
- A mirror
- Hair straighteners. Seriously. Girls need their hair straighteners the way fish need water.
- A photoframe
- Their favourite TV series on DVD – I want Supernatural at the moment.
- A new bed. (With a memory foam mattress preferably. And bigger. Bigger is always better.)
- Buy them a nice bookshelf.
- Buy them a nice bookshelf, filled with books they like.
- A piercing – I’m getting my cartilage pierced, in case anybody wanted to know!
Gold Dinosaur Mount – $100
Pink Glitter Unicorn Mount – $12.15
- If it’s Christmas, then please somebody do this:
Pizza Bean Bag Chair – $90Oh, and a sushi one. Because kawaii.
Sushi Pillow – $228
- An iPad (ew Apple, no.) or a tablet (go for the tablet. Please. Although I can’t deny that your kid’s face is going to absolutely light up at the sight of Apple. It’s just one of those things. You love it until you hate it.)
iPad 4 – $369
Lamborghini Aventador Wireless Mouse (White) – $35
- One of those funny jumpers – like this one actually
(Available here, by the way http://skreened.com/collegeisforyourmom/harvard-law-just-kidding-sweater )
- Underwater Camera
Nikon COOLPIX S33 Waterproof Digital Camera (Blue) – $116
- Friends Complete Box Set! Friends is old, but I legitimately don’t know a single girl that doesn’t love it and, now that e4 doesn’t air it anymore (sad face), a box set may be a good idea!
Friends – Season 1-10 Complete Collection (15th Anniversary) [DVD]  – $77
- Friends Complete Box Set! Friends is old, but I legitimately don’t know a single girl that doesn’t love it and, now that e4 doesn’t air it anymore (sad face), a box set may be a good idea!
- Underwater Camera
Limited Edition DS – $100
I really love rose colours at the moment. This pink DS is gorgeous! Rose DS – $59
- The tech that’s massively in at the moment? Virtual reality!
Playstation VR Set – $500
- A WHOLE POST DEDICATED TO GIFT HAMPERS, WOOOO! (Seriously, check this out – gift boxes, gift sets, hampers . . . it’s great. I want them. Like all of them.)
- 1 X Fuji Instax Mini 8 N Pink + Original Strap Set Fujifilm Instax Mini 8N Instant Camera – $66.88
ASUS Transformer Book (T100TAF-B11-GR) 10.1″ Detachable 2-in-1 HD Touchscreen Laptop – Intel Atom / 1GB RAM / 32GB eMMC / Windows 8.1 / WiFi / Bluetooth /- $184.98 – – laptops are probably the best gift you could get a teen because they are literally everything – fun, useful and . . . well, technology.
Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop $852.98 Basically a laptop . . . but taken to the complete next level. No teen would ever complain at a Macbook. My best friend Amber is pining for one.
Okay, so I am way too excited about the really, really, really cool presents to finish that list right now. But still! Let’s continue!
Now that the ideas are done, allow me to share with you . . . some GIFTS!
I’m not even going to lie, some of these presents I want. (
And I’m so using for some of my friends No, I most certainly am not using any of these for my friends, the element of surprise still exists, okay!?)
- Money jar! With this gift, what you basically do is put all your spare change in it throughout the year and give it to somebody at Christmas. It’s cute. And, if you’re buying your Christmas shopping with cash, you could probably fill a jar with the leftover change you collect throughout the season.
- A movie night gift hamper; include a DVD, a bag of popcorn, some sweets and a drink. (If it’s a movie adapted from a book, include the book)
- A cupcake decorating kit.
- An ice cream decorating kit. (Yeah, I know I just did a cupcake-decorating set, but they’re so cute!
- This idea is actually adorable. I’m doing this for my best friend Amber.
- Buy a cheap set of drawers or whatever, find an image you like enough to put on it and, using modge podge, stick it on. (There was a tutorial I followed when making something like this, but it has disappeared. Sorry!
- A “decorate your room” kit – as a teen girl, I can confirm that a big percentage of us want a room covered with photos, posters, song lyrics and lights. This picture below is completely true. If you know the sort of thing your teenager likes, buy them some fairy lights, posters, photos of their friends, (or buy them ink and tell them to print out the things they want themselves), some pretty alphabet stickers and whatever you can think of and give them a DIY Decorate Your Room Kit.
- A photoframe money box – stick a photo of whatever the teen is saving up for (to travel the world, a certain college etc) and put it in a photoframe, then cut a slit in for money!
- A jar of fortune balls (but you can obviously write anything in these, so it could be “reasons I love you” or “texts I’ve sent you throughout the year”. Tutorial here > http://itsamakkie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/wensjes-in-balletjes-zo-maak-je-het.html
- Okay, so I have an intense love for notebooks, right?
What do you mean you already knew, no you didn’t – I was very subtle about it!Here are some personalized notebook ideas. Buy a notebook for someone using any of these purposes http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk/search?q=notebook
- A spa day hamper
- Hot chocolate kit. I’m not talking those “cookie recipe in a jar, hehee” hot chocolate kit either. I’m talking, a mug, whipped cream, mini-marshmallow, chocolate shavings – the whole lot!
- “Winter sleepover in a box”. A gift I thought up for my cousin actually, as she lives in Devon and it gets bloody freezing down there. Basically, you get a pretty box and in it you put all the essentials for a winter sleepover – fluffy socks, a movie, popcorn, a blanket, hot chocolate mix, biscuits and a pair of pyjamas. We brits need our ways to battle the cold, after all.
- If you draw on a lightbulb, the patterns are thrown onto the wall; buy a set of lightbulbs (they could be coloured lightbulbs too. Just saying.) and draw patterns on them, box them and give them away.
- If you can think of something smart enough to fit, then this is quite cute and . . . well, everyone loves chocolate.
The Really Cool Presents
- A party. Obviously, this wouldn’t be a big surprise, or something they could open, but my parents always offer me a party or presents for my birthday and parties are always way more exciting. If you’re a great organizer, you could even do a surprise party.
- A complete wardrobe revamp. Any girl would love to walk into their room on Christmas day and see a brand new wardrobe. As long as you know what you’re buying and you keep their old clothes. And the receipts. I’ll do a post on clothes to buy teen girls later.
- Redecorate their room. This would be a great surprise – if you convinced them to sleep downstairs for the night and you worked during the night and completely redid the room, I guarantee they would love you. Just saying. I’ll do a post on cute teen room decorating ideas later.
- Day trip shopping in Paris with friends. (If you take the Eurostar, you can literally drive into France. It’s so cool.) Offer to pay for them and a friend, or offer to take them to Paris for the day. You could go shopping, or Disneyland Paris.
- Buy them a puppy. Puppies are seriously adorable.
Interesting ways to give money as a present
- Through “open when . . .” letters. Give a bunch of letters (wrapped up very prettily in a box, right?) with “open when . . . __________” written on and put money into those. Le example: “Open when . . . you’re feeling blue and you want chocolate” and like a pound coin; “Open when . . . you want to go to the cinema” and wehay a tenner. Do you get the gist?
- (This one is really cool, let me put this out there) During the night, fill their room with balloons and put money in them. In the morning, they’ll wake up to a really cool surprise. Unless they’re like me and they detest people coming into their room without warning. But that’s only because of mess – tell them to tidy their room and you should be good to go.
- Put it in a piggy bank and give it to the recipient.
- Put it in a “I’m saving for box”
(This is a gift under the Handmade/Personalized section you scrolled past earlier. Shame on you. Go back up.)
- In a photo album. You could always mix photos and notes, or an entire photo album of notes to someone (me. You should do that to me. Please.)
Money Tape Dispenser – $3.25
This is quite cool and you literally stick money bills onto tape and then the recipient pulls the money out; it makes a little (maybe ten one dollar bills) look like a lot too.
Money Tree – $9.99
- Under an umbrella. Buy a nice umbrella, dangle money under it, close the umbrella and attach a note saying “for a rainy day”.
- Chocolate box of money!
- Like this.
If you have any ideas, or tutorials for handmade gifts you want up here, drop me a comment and I will be more than happy to put them up.
– NEW UPDATED, ALL TOGETHER BETTER VERSION HERE – http://okaaythen.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/300-teen-gift-ideas-the-ultimate-list/ –