For the first time, this morning I woke up to sun.
It was not the heavenly experience you’d think it to be after long months of British winter and no reprieve in sight. I did not roll over gracefully, sing a little ditty in an angelic voice and all was not good across the land.
Nope; I woke up, went “fuck“and started running around my room like a headless chicken. Because my poor Vitamin-D-deprived body saw sun and thought “unimaginably, half-slept-away-half-the-day late”. However, as my last post taught us, The Holy Spirit is present in my life as of late and so I should’ve expected nothing less than another miracle. And miracle it was – sun at 7am!
(No, that’s not related to my story, but it is a very Spring-time picture and there was too much text. These are the new pendants I finally got round to making today – available now here from £5-10)
Why did I tell you this in no way enriching story? Well, for one, I like to open posts with ice breakers – but the arguably more important reason is because it’s Spring! Now, I don’t know what Spring is to you, but to me it’s rejuvenation, life and preparation. Spring is where all the drab oppressiveness of Winter fades away and I start to feel alive again. It’s when the trees and flowers around you start blooming. It’s a perfect time to welcome vitality back into your life and get some motivation and energy back. So I like to welcome Spring in and selfishly use the boost it brings to further my own malevolent plans.
World domination is within my reach, I’m telling you.
So, without further ado, allow me to share with you my Spring playlist and a to-do list of things that are going to help me (and maybe you) welcome in Spring!
- Oasis – Wonderwall // Youtube
- Rob Curly – Eleven / 11 // Youtube
- R U Mine – Arctic Monkeys // Youtube
- Do I Wanna Know – Arctic Monkeys // Youtube
- Eliza Doolittle – Rollerblades // Youtube
- The Fratellis – Whistle For The Choir // Youtube
- Coming Home – Kaiser Chiefs // Youtube
- Stereophonics – Maybe Tomorrow // Youtube
- Paradise – Rob Curly // Youtube
- Kaiser Chiefs – Falling Awake // Youtube
- Eliza Doolittle – Pack Up // Youtube
- Little Things Mean A Lot // Youtube
- Often – The Weeknd // Youtube
- Scare Away The Dark – Passenger // Youtube
- Between Two Lungs – Florence + The Machine // Youtube
- What The Water Gave Me – Florence + The Machine // Youtube
- Forest – Twenty One Pilots // Youtube
- American Authors – Best Day Of My Life // Youtube
- Pumping Blood – NONONO // Youtube
- Youth – Daughter // Youtube
- 27 – Passenger // Youtube
So, today I set about having a real good start to the next season of the year -and these are some of the things I ticked off my to do list and some things that are still yet to be completed.
- Tidy Room. This is halfway complete, but tidying your room is a perfect way to start Spring, as a tidy room is a productive space.
- Have a good healthy meal. Healthy eating is something I cannot recommend enough; if you’re anything like me, a small part of your soul probably shrivels up and dies at the words “healthy food” – but healthy food doesn’t have to be disgusting and it makes you feel so good.
This was my lunch – and if you don’t think healthy eating is delicious then just look at my delicious pancake.
Yeah, I know – you’re looking at all its beauty and thinking “how on earth can that be healthy?”. Well, the secret is not mine to tell (but it’s that the pancake is made of banana). Massive thank you to MyTeenageMadness for sharing the recipe here – and you should definitely check her amazing blog out and the linked post for more healthy food alternatives.
- Do a hair treatment, or a facemask.
- Read a book.
So that is what I did and recommend you do – and now here are the things I’m currently still doing.
- Send out blog collab emails. (So to all you lovely bloggers I’ve been loving – check your inboxes!)
- Create a Contact Me page
- Update header
- Write 2 new chapters of le story
- Find beta readers for said story, you lazy fuck
- Stop talking to self
Yeah, you seriously do that too much
- Complete massive to-do list you started last week.
Okay, so to recap this admittedly long post – how was your start to Spring? And did you spot any old favourites of yours on my playlist – and, if not, you should definitely go check some songs out.
Don’t forget to follow me on le social media (and if you like this post – share it!):