Hi, hello, welcome!
So, this is actually two posts combined – my New Years Goals and Resolutions and . . . well, what’s coming up for the blog in 2k16. I did originally write up my resolutions post and it was meant to be posted ready for you yesterday – but then I realised that I was going to literally be repeating myself and that would be stupid, illogical and boring for everyone involved. Which means that one post is all you get – and I’m going to be even lazier and copy over the beginning of my resolutions post too. It’s 2am and I’ve just finished tidying my room – let me have this.
*Dramatically re-enters* I have already brought to you How To Choose Relevant, Helpful and Achievable New Years Resolutions – which means that you should be sorted. Can we get back to me now? God, you guys are selfish.
With a lot of deliberation and a few months of compilation, I bring to you my New Year Resolution list! Aren’t you excited to look at all the goals I’ve set myself for the next year?
When I put it like that, even I’m not excited. But you guys should be because you get to see all the awesome stuff you get to witness and benefit from, without having to actually do it yourself.
That’s a good deal, man. You’re a lucky lot.
My target area this year is creativity because I have become so lazy in that department recently. I feel like creativity and expression are good for the soul and I miss that. So New Year, Creative Me! Let’s get down to it! Oh, and – today you’re getting a double whammy. Not only do you get this wonderfully irrelevant to your individual life post – you also get a post about What’s Coming Up On Okaaythen In 2016. So check that out, because you’re so used to me posting maybe once a week that twice in two days is just going to slip through the cracks. I understand – it’s confusing for me too. Oh, I’ve changed it? Okay then, Mia, brilliant. That’s not confusing.
It hurts me when you do my job for me.
Without further ado –
What’s Coming Up This Year For The Blog
- On Sundays, Weekly Wrap up posts – which are exactly what they sound like. A wrap up of the week; favourite products, music, books, TV shows, artwork, stories, whatever I’m loving but can’t be bothered to write an entire post on.
- Blogging 101 on Wednesdays! Woo!
- Money challenge posts – a weekend away for £100, make dinner with all the money in my piggbank (it’s not a very full piggybank) etc.
- Videos. I’m very much not excited about that. You’ll love all my sassy tees, though.
- Nail art – I actually have a proper acrylic nail kit
- Creative section for writing, artwork and that shit. I could being even become one of those bloggers that writes poetry.
- I couldn’t even take that seriously.
- London. Lots and lots of London.
- My hair journey! Weave, braids, the inversion method . . . my hair will be waist length. And a dizzying array of beautiful colours. And you will have loads of posts about hair, because hair is awesome.
- The design will be finished. If you’ve ever accessed this site from a computer, you’ll see all the little images and things at the side of it – I need to finish the pages (What I Love and Hate, namely), create some sidebars and headers for the blog; I possibly want to draw little chibi characters to represent the little fucking pessimist that likes to pop into my posts sometimes and the peacemaker that tries to reason with it. They exist;they deserve a mention. And readers deserve a warning.
- More DIYs.
- More room and interior inspiration.
- Social media for le blog; this reminds me – follow my blog Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/crystalsandcurls/
- Update to .com! This is probably going to be done by the end of the month, but that’s an exciting change, right?
- At least one collaboration post a month – preferably a creative one!
And now you know what’s coming up on Okaaythen, let me tell you my New Year’s Resolutions (as – let’s face it – they’re going to be posted about on the blog too.)
- Decide what I want to do with my life; even if it’s really vague, get a general 5, 10 and 20 year plan up in my head.
- More fashion in both general life (I’ve been lazy recently; it’s been cold. And, no, I don’t know why that’s an excuse – but it is) and on the blog – and my OOTD pictures will be taken by other people. Because my outfit selfie game be weak.
- Complete at least 10 things off my Bucket List!
- So I have to also complete a Bucket List.
- Find a new maintainable beauty routine – I’m thinking to try out things like Vaseline on eyelashes, eyelash primer and serum, oil/condition hair and put in a bun and wrap at night etc. I don’t know – but I’ll figure it out. Right now, my skin routine is fine, but the rest isn’t getting very particular care.
- Continue to eat healthier.
- Read more tutorial/informational books and complete at least one tutorial a month
- Do a lyric video for a song – this is for typography practice
- COMPLETE A COLOURING BOOK. Possibly draft up some lineart for my own one
yeah, but I highly doubt you’re going to do that. You know my name, not my story. I lived your story, sweetheart. You know, that whole we’re the same fucking person thing?
- Get a printer and complete a polaroid scrapbook! Or just a scrapbook.
- Start my creative Etsy up!
- Create my new Zazzles line. I’ve been meaning to do this for ages – I’ve even got posts around it already drafted up – so this year I need to finally design my new Zazzles line.
- Write a novel. Where have we seen this before?
- Go to a belly-dancing and yoga class
Something I like to do (as each year I pick an aspect of my life to improve on – last year, it was “Success” and money; this year it’s Creativity) is roll over last year’s new habits and improve on what I learnt. This means that you don’t simply regress and you continue to grow in every area – change your life one step at a time. So while, yes, I did become more successful last year and I’m concentrating on creativity this year, I am also making some New Year’s resolutions about Success too!
- Start using twitter again
- Start blogging off my phone and make a blog checklist. This is actually something I want to do as part of Blogging 101 – free resources for you guys. I want to create a checklist for what you should do after you post (promotion, tweets, blah blah blah) because . . . well, I don’t do any of that.
- Join blogger networks. You know there are networks where bloggers all talk to each other and promote their blogs? Yeah – I’ve found a few, so I want to branch out onto them
- Earn money off more than just my gift guides; my main source of income is through my gift guides because somehow I managed to SEO those posts to the level they appear on the first page of Google. Which is great and I love that – but I want to expand more and earn through more posts than just them.
- Earn £2,000 before December
- Have £200 in bank at all times throughout the year
- Reach 2,000 followers
- Start making money online through two new methods (and post about it!)
- Network with 5 new blogs after every post – and branch out to Blogger blogs too/blogs hosted on other platforms.
- Create at least 1 other searchable post (like my gift guides)
- Viral pin!
- Complete a blogging business plan (with sketched blog design layout)
Do you see how there’s a strong blogging theme here? And how if I had posted these seperately I would have been wasting all of our time? Okay, good – you’re very welcome, then. Now to recap: Okaaythen is going to be upgraded this year; follow my new blog instagram here and let me know what you think of the upcoming plans and resolutions. Also – stay tuned because, in the next week, I have a lot of hauls to get posted. (And isn’t my desk looking pretty AF?)
Happy New Year guys!