AKA: How To Justify Going Out and Buying 300 New Notebooks For Yourself.
Look, it’s a perfectly natural thing that happens to all of us and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. The love of pretty, but unnecessary, objects and the desire to collect them. It’s the only way in which we mere mortals can compare to kick-fucking-ass dragons – we like to collect treasure.
And you know what? That’s okay. Because if you use it, it’s not just meaningless, shiny treasure that you’re hoarding – no, it becomes a tool. So no longer feel ashamed or embarrassed about stashing notebooks – it’s time to leave the darkness of that little closet you’re hiding in, step out into the light and use them to achieve your full brilliance. And then you can crush those who opposed you and your collections.
Hey, wait, no – we don’t need your Golemn impression – yes, I get that it’s your “precious”, but there’s no need for that weird facial expression. You had to make it weird, didn’t you? Jesus. Just-just put down the notebook and read the list, okay?
- Bucket List Book!
- General List Book
- Cute Text/Message book – every time you get a cute message, email, text or anything either screenshot, print out and stick it on, or write it out
- Idea Book! I have one of these (I’ve actually managed to keep the same one for two years now!) and it’s full of all my story ideas and plot twists and such. (Yes, you terrible followers – I like to write. How could you not know that?)
- Blog Book! All your post ideas/blog calendars/whatever else
- Review Book – every time you watch a film, or read a book, write the title in, give it a star rating and (if you want) write a comment next to it.
- Doodle book. Because not all your little sketches are good enough to go into your sketchbook.
- A diary.
- A gratitude book; every day write 5 things you’re grateful for
- A massive checklist/goal book
- A quote book
- Typography practice
- Morning Pages/Free Writing/Brain Dump
- Mind maps
- Financial log
- Passwords/PINS/Important Info
- “Stupid things people said today”
- An “all about you” book; you can use it to help “discover” yourself or as a quick guide to getting to know you. I imagine it would be interesting to give someone a book that held your deepest and darkest secrets, loves and hates in it. It would also make them buying you Christmas gifts a lot easier. A pretty cool idea would be to keep one and give it to your significant other when you get married, or something. I don’t know. I’m not Jesus, and God doesn’t speak to the people through me.
In case you didn’t guess . . . I may or may not have went out and bought myself a slightly obscene amount of notebooks.
These were both from TKMaxx (I maybe went on a bit of a haul . . . maybe.) and were, I believe, £4 each. They both have gold foil writing and gold sided pages. Because . . . shiny.
These two were a bit more expensive at – shock horror – £4.99. Still from TKMaxx. I know -the con artists. I’m actually quite proud of the images for these two; if you click on them, you can see them in their full size glory. You should. Because good photography on my blog is somewhat of a rarity.
Look, I never left TK Maxx. Let’s not talk about it anymore.
Here are what I am going to use them for:
- Blog planner. Inspiration, lists, post ideas and other things I may need in the organisation of my blog. Yay.
- Personal growth book. This is more for me to keep track of all my goals (fitness, food, skills I’m learning etc) and to put in daily routines, or things like that
- A semi-review book; I want it more to be a book of things I love and hate. So there will be reviews in it (of the star type, not the detailed analysis and psychological theory type), but also just notes of songs I like, or a quick “I get why Hitler burnt books” when I read yet another YA Paranormal romance novel. I know – you’d think I’d learn.
- Cute message book. I want to do this for not only my friends and family, but also my blog because so many of you guys leave me comments that make my day!
- Scrapbook! I need to buy myself a printer first, but . . . it will happen. I’m giving myself until Chinese New Year to get myself all set up for this year.
So these are the latest additions to the currently-in-use parts of my notebook collection!
I hope some of you found this post either helpful, or pretty to look at! Which are your favourite notebooks? And which uses do you think you might use?