Hello, beautiful people!
It’s Wednesday, which means it’s time for Blogging 101! If you haven’t tuned into this ‘lil series of blogging tips before, or you just want to refresh your memory, let me get you up to speed. So far we have:
- Blogging Networks for Brand Collaboration and Sponsorship Opportunities
- How To Earn Money Through Blogging For Big, Small and New Blogs
- Blogging Habits For Better Blog Growth
- How I Used Amazon To Earn My First Cheque
And today I’m bringing you:
15 Things You Can Do To Make Your Blog The Best It Can Be.
Because sometimes you just get stuck in a rut, or you find something that works and you decide “that’s good enough; I’m going to stop here” – especially after the whole “I have a new blog, yay!” honeymoon period wears off. Which is fine, but if you’re not growing as a blogger, how can you expect your blog to grow?
So, to help you flourish like the beautiful orchids on my windowsill, I happily bring to you a few things you can do to spruce up your blog.
- Make a post directory page. (Basically, a page that lists all your posts.)
- Revisit and fix your old posts.
- And share the hell out of them. Promote your content!
- Sort out all your tags and categories for easier navigation.
- A collaboration post.
- A guest post. A guest post is very much different to a collaboration post – a collab is where you work with another person on a post or series, whereas a guest post is where you just allow someone a post on your blog.
- Rework your about page – and, if you don’t have one, create one!
- Add a “Contact Me” page so people that want you can have you – whether that’s brands, other bloggers or just people that want to throw suggestions at you
- And, as far as suggestions go, include a survey once in a while to ask your readers what’s working and what’s not. Feedback!
- Link back to old posts. I need to start doing this, but all your old content doesn’t need to just be wasted (even if it is absolutely cringe to look back on).
- Show off your best content. Flaunt your most commented on, most liked or just your general favourite content through widgets, sidebars, pinned posts.
- Make your blog beautiful! Fix up that blog theme, edit yourself some pretty graphics and you’re good to go!
- Plan in advance. Blog planners are possibly the most useful thing in existence. You know what you’re posting when, you never lose those random ideas you get and when it’s all written up in front of you it’s a lot easier to just do. Let’s not forget – drafts are the key to life.
- Gain inspiration from other bloggers. I’m thinking of creating a “Blogs I Love” page and linking to some of my favourite bloggers, so that the people that follow me can see where my inspirations come from!
- Take better original images. Yep, one day I’ll say this enough that it will sink in to my head.
Well, there we have it! 15 easy improvements that you can implement to make your blog perfect. There are loads more things you can do that I . . . well, to be honest, I just forgot. If anyone has any suggestions, just drop me a comment!
Yeah, I know you thought it was over – but it’s not. Before you abandon me in this cold, dark world, be a babe and comment about what I should post for Blogging 101 next. I’m thinking either something about blog design, SEO or “The Science Of Popular Blog Posts” – but if you have any requests, feel free to let me know.