I know I’m late jumping on the bandwagon for this one, but you need to see Deadpool. I mean, this shit was so good that it changed the situation (from being that Ryan Reynolds should be grateful he got another shot to cash in with the whole Superheroes film craze at the moment after the atrocity that was Green Lantern) to us being grateful that Ryan Reynolds was brave enough to attempt another superhero movie after they stuck him in an animated suit.
An animated suit. God, that movie was terrible. God, it was great watching this movie take the piss out of it and basically every other thing done wrong in any Ryan Reynolds film ever. There were even references to Blade. It was a beautiful moment for me, I won’t lie.
Anyways, as much as I’d love to rave about this film, I’m not an entertainment blogger and so should probably move onto the OOTD-
Who am I kidding – we’re going to take a few moments and appreciate this work of art. In brief, concise bullet points so that I don’t endlessly ramble.
- He was wearing an Adventure Time watch.
- Deadpool is just a hilarious character. Genuinely hilarious.
- Wade + Vanessa = OTP.
- The opening credits (I never said this list was chronological, did I?) were brilliant. A CGI character, a British villain, a hot girl, the comic relief. Produced by: asshats, directed by: an overpaid asshole and written by: the real heroes here – I would rewatch the film just for the credits. Although that’s not them word for word, because . . . well, I have a bad memory.
- All the movie references. If you’re not a fan of the comics, then you probably wouldn’t know that Deadpool is a self aware character – and by that I mean he knows that he’s in a comic book. There’s a pretty funny comic in which he murders (yep, murders – anti-hero here) his way through classic literature to try to escape the comic book world. So this gives him a lot of leeway when it comes to breaking the fourth wall and cracking some brilliant one liners – like when he’s talking about how he got his own movie.
- The hilarious violence is . . . uh, hilarious?
Basically, it’s a fucking great movie and you should all see it – but not with your parents or kids. Or bosses. Or teachers. Or anyone other than your wildly inappropriate friends.
And now we can move on,
My outfit was very Spring – a lace bralette, a v-neck knitted jumper, black jeans and a leather jacket. Combined with trusty Converses. (Oh, and I actually bought the bralette off of Romwe and I featured it in my wishlist here!) I kept my jewellery simple with my gorgeous black crystal choker; I sell these on my Etsy, so let me hit you with some pics.
And the link to these pretty babies is here!
At the moment, in terms of style, I’m really favouring the relaxed and comfortable over . . . anything else in the entire world. I love Spring fashion because it’s still cool enough that I can wear a knitted jumper without it literally melting off me, but warm enough that I can wear pretty little lace bralettes without my chest bumps freezing off.
I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do come summer, as I’m currently not loving crop tops and my body proportions make shorts an absolute impossibility without them either being massive on the waist or booty shorts – both of which are a hell-the-fuck-no. So my options are probably limited to: escape to Iceland or melt into a gooey puddle of body smoothie that someone will collect and refreeze come winter.
Anyways, my lovelies – I apologise for my disappearing act through February and part of March. It’s over now – I’m caught up with all my coursework, I am freshly inspired and I’m back!
Let me know what you thought of the outfit down below – and has anyone else seen (and inevitably loved) Deadpool?