** Blogging collaborations are a great way to earn backlinks to your site, reach new audiences and work with other creators that you admire – but sometimes collab posts can be repetitive and boring. Here are 20 exciting and unique ways that you can collaborate with other bloggers. **
Well, hello there you kooky kids! Welcome back to Blogging 101, a (semi) regular series on Wednesdays wherein I share blogging tips, tricks and advice. If you’re new ’round these parts, here’s what you’ve missed so far:
- Step By Step: How To Convert Your Hosted Blog To Self-Hosted (WordPress.Com to WordPress.Org)
- Why Your Blog Needs Google Search Console + 10 Great Ways To Use It
- Starting From The Bottom – 10 First Steps For Beginner Bloggers
- 19 Great Web-Page Design Inspirations From Emails
- 8 Things I Learnt Converting From WordPress.com To WordPress.org
- How To Create FREE Blog Infographics
- Why You Need A Blogging / Editorial Calendar + FREE CALENDAR
- How To Gain Genuine Page & Site Views // Blogging 101
- How To Slay Your Blog Design and Branding
- 15 Easy Things You Can Do To Improve and Perfect Your Blog
- Blogging Networks for Brand Collaboration and Sponsorship Opportunities
- How To Earn Money Through Blogging For Big, Small and New Blogs
- Blogging Habits For Better Blog Growth
- How I Used Amazon To Earn My First Cheque
Yeah, you may want to grab a mug of green tea and open some new tabs up.
So, for those of you that clicked on this link of out morbid curiosity as opposed to actual interest, collaboration posts are when two or more bloggers work together to produce a post (or a series of them). This great for a whole load of reasons – you get to work with people you admire (which is really fun!), it allows you access to someone else’s audience and it’s a great way to build authentic backlinks to your blog.
The only issue with collab posts?
For me at least . . . they can be pretty boring. Every year, I always promise myself that I’ll do a collab post once a month, or something – and every year I see the same “My Beauty Faves Ft. ___” posts. Don’t get me wrong, I love reading them – but there must be something else we can do. Right? I mean, we’re this bunch of creative people (if you’re a blogger, don’t even try to say you aren’t creative) that constantly churn out content that must be at least vaguely interesting to keep our audiences engaged.
So why aren’t our collaborations more exciting?
My theory is this: we go off what we know. We see other bloggers collaborate by doing all these generic things, so we figure that’s the way to collaborate – and it can be. But there are other options.
In fact, I’d say trying something a little more out of the box might end up being more beneficial for your blog in the long run. It’ll engage audiences more, which in turn refers more people to the blog you’re working with and vice versa. So I’ve created a quick list of ideas for collaboration posts that you could try instead!
(Quick note: I’m assuming that many people reading this don’t live close enough to the bloggers that they’re collabing with to meet up in person, so this are all things that can be done without needing to meet face-to-face.)
(Even quicker note: Blogger serial killers would actually be pretty great. Think about it.)
(Quickest note: okay, the murder part maybe not so much.)
20 Blog Collaboration Ideas
(Pin that image for me, pretty please?)
1. Complete a challenge
Not one of those typical “Boyfriend Tag” challenges – although those can be pretty fun too. But something really fun; maybe something like “create an outfit for under £20”.
2. Send each other a care package and do unwrap/reviews
This could be so fun – and a great way for two bloggers to get to know each other! Judging by one anothers blogs, (not even going to attempt to know where the apostrophe goes there; A* Lit and Lang skills where art thou?) you could send each other things you think the other person would like. A fun post for sure – and probably good for a few reviews after!
3. Set each other challenges
This one could be great – this one could be the motivation boost you never even knew you needed. You could set another blogger the 30 day squat challenge with a twist, create a meal-plan for someone, or dare them to do something completely out there and get a really fun post out of it! (If you want some pretty out there ideas, look no further.)
4. Do a DIY with a twist
I love DIY posts. In fact, I recently discovered a new DIY blogger who I’m currently . . . not at all stalking. Merely watching. Avidly.
It’s not weird I promise.
Anyways, DIYs are cool. And fun. And you could easily do the same DIY with completely different outcomes.
5. Send them an outfit and do a cool fashion post
I want to do this so badly! You could send the blogger you’re collabing with an entire outfit (or maybe one piece that they have to style around) and vice versa. An OOTD and a fun collab post idea!
6. Send them a concept and both of you could create a post showing what you came up with from it
This collaboration post idea is something I really like because there’s so much creative freedom. Both bloggers will come up with something completely different and you’ll have a really unique collab on your hands!
7. Interview one another
8. Share tips on blogging together
This is great because it adds value for your audiences too – you could always set your 20 top tips together; one blogger could write a post with the first ten and another with the rest.
9. Write a post inspired by your favourite post of the other blogger
10. Collaborate to do a massive giveaway!
11. Teach each other something (whether it’s about blogging or something completely different) and write about that
12. Create a 100-list together
These mammoth list posts are great for many things – your existing audience and search engines. Writing on by yourself, though? Well, that is both hard and time consuming. Writing a 100-list together, however? Now, that’s a different story.
13. Create a video.
14. Make a course, or a free resource together
15. Plan a dream together – whether that’s a dream party; a dream house; a dream wedding
16. Do a shared review
17. Have a “sit down chat” with you and another blogger
This could be sharing memories, advice, or just having . . . well, a sit down chat. It’s a nice, personal post.
18. Create a bucketlist of things to do in your respective areas
19. Create a tutorial for the other blogger to share and follow
20. Send a pen pal letter!
I think Pen Pals are one of the cutest ideas ever. Who doesn’t love recieving a hand-written letter?
Okay, so those are just 20 ideas that you could use for your next collaboration post. What do you think of them? Do you have any collaboration post ideas that you enjoy using? What was your favourite idea? Let me know in the comments!
All the love,